Ty Ross was appointed Dalton City Administrator in October of 2009. As City Administrator, Mr. Ross is responsible for the overall management of our local government operations. The City Administrator operates under a Board of a Mayor and four (4) Aldermen. This elected body adopts policies and sets the direction for city government and Mr. Ross is responsible for its implementation throughout the various city departments.
The Administrator’s office provides operational guidance to the City Finance Director for annual budget preparation and works on an almost daily basis with Department Heads helping to provide them with the necessary tools to achieve policy goals in their service areas.
Other areas of responsibility for which you may contact the City Administrator’s Office for assistance include:
- Economic Development Information
- Facility Management and rental of The West Hill Chapel
- Access the Agenda for Mayor and Council Meetings
- Mayor and Council Proclamations and Resolutions
- Volunteering Opportunities with the City
- Airport Development
- City MPO Activities