Many requests come into the Administration Department for proclamations and/or resolutions throughout the year. These documents are utilized by various organizations for their PR efforts about a special event, recognizing an outstanding citizen or a time of year generating awareness for an array of topics. The City of Dalton is happy to fill these requests!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCEPTING CITY PROCLAMATIONS
AND RECOGNITIONS AT THE COUNCIL MEETING
1. Please submit a draft of the proclamation you would like presented to Kimberley Witherow, City Administration, at email@example.com
2. Requests for City Proclamations must be submitted two weeks prior to the requested Council Meeting date. The City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Dalton City Hall, 300 W. Waugh Street.
3. The proclamations and recognitions are presented at the beginning of the meeting, which begins at 6:00 p.m. It is advised that you arrive a few minutes beforehand.
4. If you or anyone in your party has mobility issues, please let us know beforehand so we can have the Mayor or staff deliver the proclamation or recognition to you.
5. The Mayor will begin by reading the proclamation/recognition. The Mayor will then ask you to come forward to accept the proclamation. You may bring others with you. At this time, a photo may be taken.
6. After accepting the proclamation or recognition, you may be seated or feel free to leave the meeting.
If you have any questions, please call Kimberley Witherow in the City Administrator’s Office at 706-278-9500.