How do I file a police report?

To file a report; you can call the non-emergency dispatch number at 706-370-4900 to have an officer come to your location, or you can come to the Police Services Center at 301 Jones Street and speak with an officer. To begin the report process electronically, click here.


  How do I get a copy of a police report?

Reports written by Dalton Police Officers can be picked up at the Police Services Center located at 301 Jones Street, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Records Unit phone number is 706-278-9085, press 9 and ext 408. To electronically request a report be e-mailed or mailed to you, click here.

Reports written by Whitfield County Sheriff’s Officers or State Patrol Officers can be picked up at their respective offices.